Thursday 3 July 2008

Play-Doh

This is actually a brief I was set during the second year of uni (what a long time ago that seems!) with the main thinking being to sell Play-Doh under the thought of "Big ideas from small minds" (and without using any copy, as our challenge was at the time). The reason I've put this up is that I'm now going back to it to put it into my new portfolio, as it has been met by everyone with a chuckle and "You can't do that!"



48 sheet posters

Of course it needs a lot of work, and Einstein lacks the - dare I say it - comedy of Jackson and Hitler (there, I said it!) Maybe the way to go with it is how things would've been different if these icons had Play-Doh as a child. Who knows! But I'll be sure to keep you informed once I've figured it out!

5 comments:

Advertising said...

Hahaha, classic "borrowed interests" but brilliant, lol, the art direction is great too. Wacko is the best. It's nice that these don't need an endline.

Hayley said...

Yeah this is probably one of my favourite briefs from my time at uni, so just hoping I can do it some justice trying to extend it into other media.

Anonymous said...

maybe an idea behind the campaign might help???

Hayley said...

Well I was considering sticking with the original thought of "Big ideas from small minds" to see where it takes me first. Going to ditch Einstein as he doesn't fit the bill, but taking the sarcastic view that Jacko & Hitler are/were small minded people, but had big ideas for themselves and the world.

We shall see where it goes!

Hayley said...

Possibly even more un-PC to have the Jackson ad on here now? Hmmm...